Ward Pumice Company
Prices & Shipping
Prices & Shipping
Also terms, use & display Tips,
& skin-care pointers
April 30, 2021
Latest prices and inventories
always posted here
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Shipping info about half way
Unpackaged, sold by the each
(largest by weight)
~ categorized in weight ranges ~
(see Online Purchases page for photos of many sizes)
Weight - in ounces
To convert to grams, multiply by 28
Greater depth & width with ascending weight
Price Each - U.S.
1" (2-1/2 cm)
$.20 - plentiful
1-1/4" (3 cm)
.25 - plentiful
1-1/2" (4 cm)
.30 - fair stash
.4 - .5 oz
1-3/4 " (4-1/2 cm)
.35 - fair stash
.6 - .7 oz
2" (5 cm.)
.43 - fair stash
.8 - .9 oz
2" (5 cm)
.67 - plentiful
1.0 - 1.3 oz
2-1/4 " (6 cm)
1.17 - out of stock
1.4 - 1.9 oz
2-1/2 " (6-1/2 cm)
1.46 - out of stock
2.0 - 2.2 oz
2-1/2" (6-1/2 cm)
1.92 - out of stock
2.3 - 2.9 oz
2-1/2"+ (7 cm)
2.38 - fair stash
3.0 - 3.9 oz
3" (8 cm)
3.46 - fair stash
4.0 - 4.9 oz
3-1/2" (9 cm)
3.67 - fair stash
5.0 - 5.9 oz
4" (10 cm)
3.29 out of stock
6.0 - 6.9 oz
4 - 5" (12 cm)
3.29 - still plentiful
7.0 - 9.9 oz
4-1/2 - 5" (12 cm)
3.57 - plentiful
10.0 - 14.9 oz
5"+ (13 cm)
4.00 - plentiful
15.0 - 20 oz
5-1/2" (14 cm)
4.50 - fair stash
20.1 - 25 oz.
6" (15 cm)
5.00 - fair stash
25.1 - 40+ oz
6" - 9" (14 - 23 cm)
5.50 - limited
** Currency Converter (takes you to another site - click Ward Pumice link on bottom/top bar or back arrow to return)
What's super-plentiful?. Depending on size, between 500 ct. to a few thousand stones. (Remember, only a boutique wholesaler of artisan pumice here.)
Only most select pieces bagged
1.4 - 1.9 oz
$2.50 (Out of stock)
2.3 - 2.9 oz
3.5 - 4.5 oz
6 ct of .6 - .7 oz.
10 ct of .4 - .5 oz.
* To convert to grams, multiply ounces by 28.
** Currency Converter (will take you to another site - click Ward Pumice link on bottom/top bar to return)
Biodegradable Cello-bagged comes in 5 sizes
Over Ton of Shop-grade Seconds Pre-discounted
@ $3.50 /lb.
Shop/utility-grade/economy skin care seconds
Available in four rough size ranges: small, medium, large & x-lg. Some have chips, sheared ends, larger craters, rougher facing, mineral discoloration blotches, and/or stains from dead plant leaves. Might be less contoured and aesthetically pleasing.
Used variously for planter decor, chinchilla chews, economy skin care, pool scrubbers, stone-washing fabric, dog hair removal, shop work, science camps, kitchen aids, arts/crafts...
Stone sizes vary within categories, as one stone, though same length as another, might be twice mass with extra width and thickness.
Small category shown - note golf ball , back right,
for size comparison
Am a bit inexact categorizing shop-grade stones; part of reason they're cheaper is don't have to weigh and sort each stone into exact weight ranges, consuming process. Stones come in infinite shapes and sizes and differing densities. If re-selling, suggest sorting into two or three further categories, or sell by weight also.
Small roughly 1-1/2 to 2-1/4 inches, longest dimension (Out of stock)
Medium roughly 2-1/4 to 3 inches, longest dimension
Large roughly 3 to 4 + inches, longest dimension
X-Large behemoth stones 5 to 7 inches long & weighing 3 to 5 lbs each. - Inquire by email (not available online)
Online shop-grade purchase selections:
#038 - 8-pound USPS priority medium boxful of small pumice - $32. + 15.05 cost shipping (about 120 stones.) (out)
#039 - 13-pound Lg. USPS Priority boxful of small pumice - $52. + 21.90 cost shipping (about 190 ct.) (out)
#040 - 11-pound of medium stones in Lg. USPS Priority box -- $38.50 (about 60-80 stones) + 21.90 cost shipping
#041 - 10-pound Lg. USPS boxful of large pumice - $35. + 21.90 cost shipping (roughly between 25-50 stones, depending on how large the larges (if range within category specified; if not , will mix varying sizes)
Note: you can specify smallish larges or larger larges, etc. in PayPal instruction/comment box at check-out or by emailing
If custom ordering more than fit in single large flat-rate USPS box, will either send in multiple flat-rate USPS priority boxes, or, for largest orders, UPS or (for rushes) Fed Ex Air, both with your account number. (Sorry, no FedEx Ground available here.) To save shipping on larger West Coast postal orders, stones might be sent in larger, non-flat-rate USPS priority boxes.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
International Orders: Select from items # 21-27 or #37 only and purchase with credit card thru PayPal (no account necessary). Accept U.S., Canadian & Australian dollars, yen, euros and pounds. Amount shown is total - no shipping added at checkout (these items only).
Option: email/phone for quote and emailed invoice on desired order including shipping; receive PayPal invoice by email and pay by credit card via PayPal. (No account needed - just give credit card #.) I'll instantly be notified of payment and order with mailing address you supply.
Note: Worthy but lamentably bare-bones PayPal shopping cart is not programmable for specifying domestic or non-domestic shipping cost, so separate listings created. Also, in event of domestic multiple-item ordering generating outrageous shipping on stones that might be consolidated, overage is PayPal-ed back by me on processing.
I always try to ship at cost.
VOLUME DISCOUNT SCHEDULE:
Note: discount not applicable to online purchases or pre-discounted, by-the-pound large select-grade or shop-grade stones (unless feeling generous). Emailing and custom ordering allows larger volume discount
- 10% on orders $100. or more
- 15% on orders $300. or more
- 20% on orders $500. or more
- extra 3% to food and grange co-ops, any size order
California buyers not reselling pay 7.5% state sales tax, built into price of online orders, but added to orders made by email and phone. If California reseller buying online, please supply reseller number in Paypal's comment/instructions box.
- Business check
- Net-15 day account for verifiable, well-established concerns after first order via PayPal, if preferred
- PayPal - no account needed; use regular credit card. Find button to decline and bypass PayPal's offer to open account (unless wanted)
- E-checks and money orders accepted, but much slower turnaround with wait for check to clear
- For international orders see online selections #21-27 + #37. Or build order by email/phone, receiving quote including shipping, and pay through PayPal -- automatic online currency conversion of Canadian & Australian dollars, pounds, euros or yen with US dollars, at day's current exchange rate
- Order however many stones in whatever mix desired - no case or bag increments to wrestle with. Just not online, as simple shopping cart can't quantify beyond multiplying given quantities and shipping costs. Call or email order, if this is case, or order multiples of listed item(s) online and will PayPal back anything over actual shipping cost
- If ordering larger quantities, or packaged pumice in any quantity -- assembled fresh w/ each order -- allow extra lead time to fulfill
- For special orders requiring seeking certain shapes or dimensions, nominal $10-20 fee added for search time spent routing through stashes and measuring/eyeballing stones
(Shipping cost also specified in online listings)
- Most orders sent at cost USPS flat-rate priority Typical 2-3 work day delivery nationwide
- If prefer, you can send via UPS with your account #. Also, for rushes, FedEx Air with your account # ($300. minimum for Next Day or two-day Fed Ex delivery, order received by phone before 10 a.m. PST)
- Specified at-cost shipping added at checkout
- If making multiple selections, cart checkout will add shipping amounts together, even for stones that might all fit in one box. No worries. On processing will PayPal back any overage beyond actual shipping cost if can condense. To avoid this annoyance, option is to call or email custom orders in; will then generate PayPal invoice to pay online on secure site. See rough box capacities below to get most bang for shipping buck:
Approx. box capacities of medium/large USPS flat-rate boxes, by stone size:
- .4-.5 oz. stones: 200 count medium box / 340 count large box
- .6-.7 oz. stones: 160 count medium box / 300 count large box
- .8-.9 oz. stones:120/180 count
- 1-1.3 oz.: 100/160 count
- 1.4-1.9 oz.: 75/125 count
- 2-2.2 oz.: 50/85 count
- 2.3-2.9 oz.: 35/60 count
- 3-3.9 oz.: 30/55 count
- 4-4.9 oz.: 23/34 count
- 5-5.9 oz.: 18/28 count
- 6-6.9 oz.: 14/23 count
- 7-9.9 oz.: 12/21 count
- 10-14.9 oz.: 10/15 count
- Most orders over $80 sent with extra insurance. Since it's for mutual peace of mind, nominal cost split 50-50. (Orders $50. and under automatically insured with usual USPS priority flat-rate shipping) UPS offers free insurance up to $100 shipment value, will request more if above
for Orders by Phone & eMail:
- Pay only actual shipping cost
- Small to medium orders usually go flat-rate USPS Priority (1-3 days nationwide typical); Larger orders usually go by multiple large USPS Priority flat rate boxes
- UPS option using your account number (new option as of 2018)
- For rush orders, FedEx (Air only) is available by supplying account number. As live in boonies 25 miles from FedEx shipping agent, will only process and ship same day for orders above $300, called in before 10 a.m. Pacific time. (Motivation threshold to break away from rustic tranquility and deal with road and town and having to rush.)
- For larger orders, always best to touch base and get email or phone quote first and give sense of stone use. (530 938-1104)
International Orders & Shipping
6-10 work-day delivery typical once processed
- Email tentative interest and will possibly post new online listing for easiest ordering and delivery, or...
- ...custom-build order via email/phone (keeping in mind time difference and space limits of flat-rate boxes - see above in red, "Capacity..."), receive PayPal order invoice by email specifying total cost for desired selections. Then...
- Send payment online via credit card (no PayPal account needed) in Canadian dollars, Australian dollars, yen, euros or pounds, thru secure site. Order confirmation instantly sent by PayPal, and another sent from me as soon as order processed along with estimated arrival date.
- Make sure account is verified if you have account with PayPal. Not necessary if simply using credit card. Look for button to decline and bypass offer to open time-consuming (and, for some, too cozy an account, becoming tied into one's bank account as it is), and just enter credit card info, as with usual card transaction
International Shipping Costs
- To Canada: USPS Priority Mail International: Medium flat-rate box for USD $52 - actual shipping cost. (Sized 11 x 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 inches) See 3 clicks above in red for how many of given size fill flat-rate boxes) . Large flat-rate box (12 x 12 x 5-1/2 inches) holds about 11 pounds of stones max for USD $69. USPS flat rates increased 2016. (Possible savings tip for Canadian orders: If living close to U.S. border town, have stones sent to shipping center or General Delivery to U.S. post office; even with customs and gas, net savings might make it worthwhile if multitasking while there.)
- To All Other Countries - Medium flat-rate USPS Priority Mail box (see 3 clicks above in red for size/stone capacities) is USD $76. shipping. Large box is USD $107. (These are actual costs to me - nothing added.) Typical 6-10 workday delivery. No doubt too pricey for many, tho doable if cost can be viably absorbed in retail pricing, or own use makes it still doable.
- PayPal's online payment system allows fast secure international transactions with Visa, MasterCard and Discover. (I never see account information.) System excels in enabling instant US currency conversion of Canadian and Australian dollars, pounds, yen, and euros at day's exchange rate. PayPal factors in 2.5% currency exchange fee. I absorb 3.9% international transaction fee
- Any possible international over payment promptly corrected via PayPal online transfer
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
You must be satisfied.
If not, for any reason, return for full refund less shipping costs within 15 days. Product must be unused and in re-sellable condition. Will pay full return shipping if incorrect order sent or product arrives in unusable condition. Will also pay shipping if order lost in mail and send free replacement or refund in full. (Extremely rare - has happened twice in hundreds of orders.) Call or email first.
- Add real pumice stone to natural foot care/body care gift baskets - loose (with printed instruction slip printed from PDF file if desired), in own bag, or order ready-packaged
- Offer to shoppers in bulk for lowest cost and ability to actually feel abrasion
- On displaying bulk neatly: Stones, eager to work, can shed like dogs as jostled, generating grit and powder and require bowl, tray or lined basket to contain detritus
- Tip: for easiest store price-tracking of bulk stones if carrying multiple sizes, keep to readily distinguishable sizes; for example, .6-.9 oz., 2.-2.2 oz and 3.-3.9 oz. Price stickers won't always stay on stone -- like humans, they resist being labeled. or...
- Sell by weight after doing math for cost average, enabling stocking many sizes in same display bin
- Unsolicited Advice Dept.: Intent - quality of focus and mindful energy put into display and placement, plus tuning in to stones for splendid natural creations that they are, not just another widget - can make or break sales. Place bulk stones in nice natural container, like woven basket at easy reach height - especially at impulse-zone counter if small stones - with appealing sign (included on request is small sheet that can be colored and laminated, or generate own
- Presented nicely, stones sell themselves after seller tunes into their virtues and share them with shoppers, stones, being rock stars to those in the know and intuitive fast learners. Remember, nothing stalls sales in stores like a few forlorn stones left moping in near-empty container. Keep display topped for bountiful cornucopia appearance and fastest turnover
- Important: If retailing stones online, realize it's impossible for viewers to gauge actual stone size by simple photo. It helps worlds to specify average size or compare to common item like walnut, coin, golf ball, tennis ball, if not actually putting something in picture for ready comparison like ruler or coin. This allows buyer to make informed purchase and is bound to increase sales in long run.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
yet more particulars...
(will they never cease?)
- More popular bulk sizes for skin care: 1.4-1.9 oz through 5-5.9 oz. Some users like heftier sizes with easy grip and larger work surface area (up to 5-5.9 oz or so); others find smaller stones better suited for smaller and/or less muscular efforts and working toes and hand calluses. (.8-.9 oz. - 1-1.3 oz. both good.) Some upscale retailers stock larger stones to strike luxury note while other retailers go smaller for less outlay and faster turnover
- Smaller bulk pumice ( i.e. .4-.5 oz @ .24 ea. & .6-.7 @ .38 ea.) in basket make great counter impulse purchases at natural-leaning spa/salon/mineral springs/foot specialist giveaways
- Smaller stones work well for travel/purse/toiletry bag/backpack - use a few times and return to nature. Keep a few and give rest as gifts. Kids have fun with them too, having contests to see whose stone floats longest (or sinks soonest), or adding new specimens to budding rock collections
- Packaged Mt. Shasta pumice come in biodegradable cellophane bags w/ recycled-paper labels, allowing room for your UPC sticker/price label. Happiest perched in nesting container or on hanger/hanger strip
- By request, super-adherent transparent plastic stick-on rack hangers, attached on cello packaged stones at no extra cost. Specify when ordering
- Other bulk select sizes Mt. Shasta pumice available, from tiniest .1 oz (averaging 1 inch, or 4 - 5 cm.), good for facial/hand care or ?, to floating behemoths of 3-4 pounds each (up to 9 inch, or 23 cm.) - good for window/shelf display, de-gunking industrial sanding belts, medicine rocks, geologic specimens, landscaping or ? Limited quantities of largest and smallest sizes
- in sorting stones into categories digital postage scale is used, factory-calibrated to read next highest tenth of ounce once over any threshold increment. So a stone actually weighing between .31 and .39 ounce will read .4 ounce and be categorized as such - conforming (rather needlessly) to postal weight regulations. This serves as accurate enough measure for most concerns and is taken into account in pricing
- As mentioned, stones categorized by weight ranges. Two stones of same length can vary greatly in volume due to differing depths and widths. Weight gives most accurate measure of stone's overall mass. (Even mass of two same-weight stones can vary, tho, due to some stones being denser)
Note: At risk of stating obvious, golf ball, tennis ball, softball, and foot ruler shown in various online-purchase photos are for scale only and don't come with order.
Tips for Safe Loofa
Skin Care Use
Stone's extra abrasiveness requires more care, especially when using beyond working calloused feet, for general loofa skin exfoliation.
The key: fully soak several minutes, lather, rinse and damp-dry skin. Soak stone, find smoothest working face and gently stroke in one direction only - minimizing healthy-skin irritation - and rinse often. Never use on inflamed skin like deep heal cracks or blisters; will only aggravate.
Diabetics and hemophiliacs should avoid use. Stones can have sharp working surface. Instructions for safe use on label in packaged form, also hand-out sheets supplied free with bulk 1.4 -1.9 oz. and larger stones on request.
Online Ordering Guide:
items #1-10, 17-20 & 28-29 & 39 - domestic bulk & cello-bagged
items #23-27 - international bulk & cello-bag
items #038 - 041 - bulk seconds, domestic only